Blog opportunities is getting scarce nowadays. Advertisers are being picky and they do have a list of requirments such as page rank, alexa rank, Google followers, number of facebook fan for your blogs, and lately I noticed that most of them requires high Domain Authority.
So what exactly is domain authority? How do we increase it? According to what I read online:
It is essentially a measurement pertaining to a website's credibility. The more domain authority a website has, the higher it will show up on a search engine's listing. The key to acquiring this authority lies in building quality inbound links to your website.
So what can we do increase our blog's Domain Authority?
1. You can submit your blog's url to search engines and website directory like yahoo, Google, Buzzle, Canlink, and Rankin Directory. You need to use rich title keywords to maximize your listing ranks. Now, I have used Google directory with all of my blogs and I tried using yahoo but was unsuccessful with it. The other Directories listed above, I have not tried them and will soon look into it.
2. Constant updates or publishing blog posts free of link or if you like, you can create a press release.
3. Leaving meaningful comments on other people's blog or website also helps increasing your blog's DA. That's why even if it takes too much of my time, I participates on comment exchange.
4. Having a social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites helps too. Make sure that you link your blog to it.
5. You can offer free tools and other enticing perks as a form of reward to your readers. Now, the tools, I can't do as you may all know, I am very poor with technical skill but once in a while, I host giveaways sponsored by companies I work with although not much because I have no time to do it.
source of info: eHow.com